Second Life Exchange - no, not THAT one!

Absolutely hilarious! The first "joke" above isn't a joke. It's a real posting... somewhere. And the funny thing is how vindicated I feel about it. I've been slamming all these so-called 'business' people in SL who scream shrill cries bashing Linden Lab for not 'keeping it's promises' of a stable grid and everything working all fine and hunky-dory - and the SL "economy" becoming stable with land prices and all that garbage.

All so their little SL business will feed and clothe and shelter them in first life.

So many people like the guy above will start what they feel is a successful business in SL and actually quit their real life day job to focus on it. Stupid move unless you have wads of cash sitting in the bank to back you up. Because most, like the guy above, will end-up on the real life employment line all over again. And I've been saying this all along the last couple years.

So I ran across this web site that looks at the hilarity and irony of Second Life and actually makes fun of it. But not via anything Linden Lab says, but rather from the horses mouth: the residents own postings on various blogs, bulletin boards and so on throughout first life's Internet.

I have to say - I'm bookmarking this site and I'll have to visit it every day. Just to get the lighter perspective of things. As for making real money in SL - that's okay. But it should be discretionary cash - something that allows you to buy that new first life toy gadget you want or even maybe to help make ends meet in tough times. But to quit your day job and go whole-hog in SL is immature and reckless.

For your own good.

"I once passed by a Vietnamese restaurant that said Sum Dum Phuck and I wanted to go inside and see if there were any dumb fucks from Second Life."




Second Life Exchange
Blogged with the Flock Browser


About this entry


2 comments:

  1. Amanda Martin Sunday, April 13, 2008 at 8:41:00 PM PDT

    His interjected comments aren't at all humorous, though... how did he get the ability to write for them?

    And if that's all he could find to make fun of, he is looking in the wrong place for stupid SL talk.

    It wasn't really amusing... and not because I'm offended, I think it deserves being made fun of, but he sort of failed.

     
  2. Ari Blackthorne™ Monday, April 14, 2008 at 4:26:00 AM PDT

    I agree. His interjected comments are pretty lame and actually lessen the humor of what you see in the posts themselves.
    I guess I didn't make clear that the 'hoot' for me isn't in the site or how it's presented, but rather in the comments that are found and posted themselves.