Obama whacks Clinton... [rolls eyes now]

Okay, so we all know Second Life is absolutely rife with "drama", right? Especially the love triangles and other interpersonal spaghetti tangles of web that would bring Peyton Place, Romeo & Juliet, NAY! Even the most popular soap operas to shame!

Much of it simply rates 'socially mundane'. But sometimes, the juicy stupid ones come along that rate a socially hilarious! Okay, that rating doesn't exist. so we'll settle for Socially Laughable.

How can a bunch of Obama supporters infesting a usually deserted Clinton sim inside Second Life be anything else other than drama supreme? I swear... some people really do need to get a life.

Now of course, a 'socially laughable' rating is just our way of saying 'get a freakin' life - any life but second life. And grow up just a little while you're at it.' Personally, I'm not very excited about any of the three candidates this go 'round. At least soon it will only be two of them. Then I can simply pick the lesser evil.

A quote from the site [a Hilary supporter]:

"I had one of those brief Yay, we can win! moments, but then I saw they were all clutching Obama banners and flags, and my heart sank," Lestat types, her waif-like avatar starring off into the tropical distance. "Holding an Obama demonstration on Hillary Island ... have they no shame?"
Yes, it's a satire web site. Though I don't think this particular story is made-up. So, even real events become satire. And the sad thing is, the people involved take it seriously. It becomes the impression of satire, therefore, it is.

Obama Supporters Attack Hillary In Second Life
Blogged with the Flock Browser


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Amanda Martin Monday, April 14, 2008 at 6:16:00 PM PDT

    ehe... I still think "socially laughable" doesn't actually make any sense. It really doesn't. I would just go with SL(TM). It doesn't feel like rebelling, it just is a very weak blog name. (Sorry!)

    To be honest, I think "SL Attitude" is a pretty weak name, too. (Please don't hit me...) It's just cheesy. I think a new name entirely will be a good move in the right direction. And "SL Review" should remain something like "SL News Review". Anything to get the two nouns in there.

    Okay, I'll quit knocking on your taste... As for the article... I didn't quite understand it. Seeing a big Hillary sign with someone holding a banner would pretty much not get a rise out of me because I would just be confused. If they were truly trying to poke fun or get a rise out of people, they would have failed on me. Perhaps there was some other message here?