Rebranding - a Fact of [busness] Life

http://www.thatcanadiangirl.co.uk/wp-pictures/kfc_rebrand.gif Last post here... maybe. Let me know if I should continue, or move-on.

Your2ndPlace has a short article about SL Realtor rebranding itself into 'MetaRealtors". In fact, here's a quote from the press release; from Your2ndPlace:

SL-Realtor.com is pleased to announce they are re-branding as MetaRealtors.com. “While some look at Linden Lab’s new copyright restrictions as interference with their businesses, we view it as an opportunity to not only re-brand ourselves but examine the potential to expand in to other virtual worlds.” said Hel Christensen, MetaRealtors.com Chairman.

I concur. I've been managing a few separate blogs, each with different purpose. The one I called "SL Review" is the one were I actually try to make 'respectable' posts and allow it to have a little moxie and style. you know, trying to make it look all grown-up and things. Take on more serious issues and try not to let my hellacious attitude loose.

Well, I've mentioned a lot more often over there than here that I don't have any problems with Linden Lab enforcing their copyrights and trademarks. But I do have a serious issue with anyone claming a right to claim two letters of the alphabet and neither are a vowel.

Well, as such, I've decided to let SL Review sit on the shelf and fade into prosperity. I'm not killing it - it will stay put. I just won't post anything new to it. It's not a signal of defeat or anything silly like that. It *is* going to stay put - just not active. We'll see what Linden Lab says when they finally get around to noticing it.

What I am doing is using the opportunity to rebrand the blog. So from SL Review comes Virtual World Review. A new look that still fits inline with what I am going for and actually a bit easier to read for many, most likely. But in doing this, Linden Lab doesn't bring me closer, they send me further away. because of this change, I would have any qualms about posting articles and news about other virtual worlds. And not that I am feeling a bit more adventurous, I have been checking them out.

As for this blog - "Virtual Attitude" - I'm thinking of doing the same. Just mothball it and steer everyone (all two of you, I think) over to VWReview. As much as I love the Blogger system, I have that I don't really have any stats. And the dashboard used to be much better than WordPress. However, since WordPress has updated things, well - that just isn't true any more. And I like how I can split my articles into an intro and click-to-continue. *STILL* can't do that here.

So, if you do read this blog and I haven't chased you away, yet - follow me over to my new blog: Virtual World Review [http://vwreview.wordpress.com/].

I hope to see you there.

Oh - and if you really want to see the press release I based this article on:

SL-Realtor.com is now MetaRealtors.com; you can win L$5,000 | Your2ndPlace
Blogged with the Flock Browser


About this entry


0 comments: