Idiots taking me for a ride.

The Drifting Thoughts vendor works perfectly, and the concept of left-clicking is not a complicated one. However, I've had one girl whose friend gave her a gift card telling me for two days that she was gypped because she paid the vendor out of pocket for a L$249 stocking set.

I passed her gift card to my alt and it worked perfectly. However, she got both her friend and boyfriend to say that they received no blue menu pop-ups when they left click, even though they can get blue pop-ups from other sources (such as the help coin to the right of the vendor).

Exasperated and sick of telling them that it wasn't possible for it to work for my alt and not for them, because my alt has tested the vendor again and again and has no special powers, I got fed up and gave the friend a refund for the card and paid the stupid bitch for the stockings. So she got them for free and will continue to be an idiot.

I just don't know what to do about these people... had I been able to show her what she did wrong and chalked it up to poor instruction on my part, it would have been no big deal, but she CLEARLY had to have been lying. Stupid just doesn't go that far.

I just don't get it. :/ What can you do in such a situation but shrug and give them their money back? Sigh. I'm pretty sure it was a case of buyer's remorse and she would rather lie about my vendor (causing me much stress) than tell me "I didn't like them and I want my money back". I'm sorry but I'm much more likely to give you a refund because you absolutely hated my product than I am if you try to swindle me.


About this entry


1 comments:

  1. Ari Blackthorne™ Wednesday, February 27, 2008 at 2:37:00 PM PST

    Oh, baby!
    Welcome to MY world!

    http://slreview.wordpress.com/2007/12/20/obnoxious-customers/