How about a Second First Life?

Okay - so you enjoy Second life for the virtuality of it, the camaraderie and community, the drama (c'mon admit it, you love the drama, don't you?)

Well, as stated in this article I reference...
If online fantasy games are just too ethereal for you, and social networks too social - Erepublik could be the answer.
So... instead of Second Life, where you play immersion fantasy (or not) and socialize with a gazillion other people, leaving First Life behind (because you can do so much in Second Life that you cannot do in First Life,) you can now play First Life virtually where it's still a computer game, but based on First Life, as in... virtual emulation.

Ummm.... huh?

I don't know about you, but I enjoy Second Life because it enables you to do so many things that just don't work or are impossible in First Life. As for First Life, why would I emulate this when I can open the back door and actually feel the grass between my toes and not have to imagine it?

Okay, I admit, I didn't read that far into the article, so I am speaking a bit blindly, here.
Excerpt follows. Them Brits just write about anything, I tell you. Check it out if you want.

Erepublik offers a real second life
Explain your business to my Mum.
'Erepublik.com is a massive online multiplayer social strategy game a mix between a social network and a strategy game set in virtual version of the real world. Yes, I know - my Mum doesn't get it either but my little brothers totally do.'"


About this entry


0 comments: